| || |
| What is Windows 7? |
Your PC, simplified.
Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, and most engaging version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. Faster and more reliable performance means your PC just works the way you want it to. And great features like HomeGroup and Windows Touch make new things possible. Get to know Windows 7, and see how it can simplify just about everything you do with your PC.
Why Choose Windows 7?
Simplifies everyday tasks
Windows 7 makes the basics easier than ever. With HomeGroup, it's simple to share music, documents, printers, and everything else with the other PCs running Windows 7 in your house. Better taskbar previews give you a great view of what's open, and Jump Lists show you recent files with a single right-click.
Works the way you want
It doesn't matter how many neat tricks your PC can do if it's not running as smoothly as you expect. So we designed Windows 7 to help your PC sleep and resume faster. The new Action Center puts control over system messages where it should be: with you. Windows 7 supports the latest advances in PC hardware, like 64-bit computing and multi-core processors, and improved memory utilization helps your hardware reach its full performance potential.
Makes new things possible
Once you've got that simpler, faster PC, some cool new features would be great. Here you go: You'll be able to connect to networks-home, work, coffee shop-with a couple of clicks, and with Windows Touch (and the right hardware), you'll soon be using your fingers to flip through files, work with pictures, and even "paint."
- Make the things you do every day easier with improved desktop navigation.
- Start programs faster and more easily, and quickly find the documents you use most often.
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV on your PC.
- Easily create a home network and connect your PCs to a printer with HomeGroup.
- Run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.
- Connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join.
- Recover your data easily with automatic backup to your home and business network.
- Minimum Processor Requirements - 800-megahertz (MHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 800-MHz 64-bit (x64)
- Minimum Memory Requirements - 512MB
- Media Requirement - DVD ROM Drive
- Minimum Storage Requirements - 2000MB
- Minimum Display Requirements - Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colours
- Recommended Display Requirements - Super VGA (1024 x 768) or higher-resolution display with 256 colors
- Miscellaneous - Installation requires a 40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space (the 15GB of free space provides room for temporary file storage during the install or upgrade.)
- Technical Notes - Note: A Windows Aero-capable graphics card is a graphics card that meets the following requirements: Supports a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver Has a DirectX 9-class graphics processor unit (GPU) that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 Supports 32 bits per pixel Passes the Windows Aero acceptance test in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK). Adequate graphics memory 64 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor less than 1,310,720 pixels 128 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions from 1,310,720 to 2,304,000 pixels 256 MB of graphics memory to support a single monitor at resolutions higher than 2,304,000 pixels Meets graphics memory bandwidth requirements, as assessed by Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor running on Windows XP